The winter months can be tough on our immune systems. All of the viruses going around can really take a toll. That’s why it’s important to eat foods that will help boost your immune system.
So, what are the best foods to eat to boost your immune system? Here are our top five:
- Yogurt – Yogurt is packed with probiotics which are “good” bacteria that help keep your gut healthy. A healthy gut is key to a strong immune system.
- Citrus fruits – Citrus fruits are loaded with Vitamin C which is a powerful antioxidant. Antioxidants help fight off free radicals that can damage cells.
- Garlic – Garlic has long been used as a natural remedy to fight off colds and other illnesses. It’s thought to work by helping to kill off harmful bacteria and viruses.
- Sweet potatoes – Sweet potatoes are a great source of beta-carotene. Beta-carotene is converted into Vitamin A in the body which is important for a healthy immune system.
- Green tea – Green tea is full of antioxidants and also contains L-theanine, an amino acid that has been shown to boost immune function.
So, there you have it, five foods that can help boost your immune system this winter. Incorporate them into your diet and enjoy the benefits!
CoreFit Newcastle is a fantastic location to get in shape and healthy. They provide a comprehensive list of services and training to assist you achieve your fitness goals. Book in your free consult today!Share