Do you often feel pain in your neck, shoulders or back? If so, you’re not alone. A lot of people experience pain in these areas, especially after a long day at work.
Here are six easy stretches that can help you feel better every day. These stretches are CoreFit Newcastle approved and can be done in the comfort of your own home!
- Neck Rolls: Start by sitting up straight with your shoulders relaxed. Slowly lower your chin to your chest. Gently roll your head from side to side, letting your ears go past your shoulders. Repeat this stretch five times in each direction.
- Shoulder Shrugs: Raise your shoulders up to your ears and hold for five seconds. Then, lower your shoulders and relax them as much as possible. Repeat this stretch ten times.
- Shoulder Blade Squeeze: Sit up tall in a chair with your shoulders relaxed and your chin level. Gently squeeze your shoulder blades together, hold for five seconds, and release. Repeat this movement ten times.
- Upper Back Stretch: Sit up straight with your shoulders relaxed. Reach your arms out in front of you and interlace your fingers. Gently pull your hands away from your body until you feel a stretch in your upper back. Hold this stretch for 30 seconds.
- Chest Stretch: Stand in a doorway and place your forearms on either side of the door frame at about shoulder height. Step forward until you feel a stretch in your chest. Hold this stretch for 30 seconds and then repeat on the other side.
- Forearm Stretch: Extend one arm out in front of you with your palm facing down. Use your other hand to bend your fingers back toward your forearm, feeling a stretch in your forearm and wrist. Hold this stretch for 30 seconds and then repeat on the other side.
These are just a few simple stretches that can help reduce general aches and pains. If you have any chronic pain or injuries, it’s always best to consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new exercise routine.
CoreFit Newcastle can help get you started on the road to recovery! Contact us today to learn more.Share