Do you ever feel like you’re carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders? Like you can’t catch a break? That’s when it’s time to take a step back, and deep breath.
Here are 5 reasons why deep breathing is good for you.
- Taking a deep breath can help relieve anxiety. When we’re feeling anxious we often feel panicked. If we turn our mind to breathing we can often slow down our thoughts and relax.
- Deep breathing helps improve your circulation. By deep breathing we increase the oxygen in the cells, which slows the heart rate, cn lower blood pressure which improves overall circulation. Doing so also increases our energy reserves too!
- It’s a great way to focus and calm your mind. If you’re feeling a little overwhelmed with a lot on your plate, taking a couple of minutes to focus on the breath can create a sense of calm and re-focus on the task at hand.
- You’ll sleep better. Are you someone who sits on your phone scrolling in bed? We all do it! We encourage you to swap it out for some deep breathing, it’ll relax your mind and allow your body to head into a nice deep sleep too!
- Deep breathing is a natural way to relax and de-stress. When you’re stressed the body often releases the stress hormone cortisol. By taking the time to deep breath the heart rates drops giving your body the chance to relax.