If you’re looking to tone your butt, look no further! These top 4 exercises are guaranteed to help you achieve the nice strong booty you’re after. So get ready to start feeling the burn!
1. Glute Bridge
- Lie face up on the floor, with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground. Keep your arms at your side with your palms down.
- Lift your hips off the ground until your knees, hips and shoulders form a straight line. Squeeze those glutes hard and keep your abs drawn in so you don’t overextend your back during the exercise.
- Hold your bridged position for a couple of seconds before easing back down.
- Repeat for 10-20 repetitions.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, resting your arms across your chest.
- Bracing your core and keeping a proud chest, begin to push your hips back, bending your knees as if you’re going to sit down. Ensure that your knees do not cave in. When your thighs are parallel to the floor, pause.
- Push up evenly through your whole foot back to the starting position.
- Do 3 sets of 10 reps.
3. Step ups
Stand with a step or bench directly in front of you. Hold a set of dumbbells by your sides or you can do your step ups without weight too.
- Step up with the right foot, pressing through the heel to straighten your right leg.
- Bring the left foot to meet your right foot on top of the step.
- Bend your right knee and step back down with the left foot.
- Bring the right foot down to meet the left foot on the ground.
- Do 3 sets of 10 reps, repeat each leg.
4. Fire Hydrants
- Start on your hands and knees. Place your shoulders above your hands and your hips above your knees. Tighten your core and look down.
- Lift your left leg away from your body at a 45-degree angle. Keep your knee at 90 degrees.
- Lower your leg to starting position, that’s 1 rep.
- Do 3 sets of 10 reps. Repeat with the other leg.
So, there you have it! Our top four exercises for toning your butt. We hope you give them a try and let us know how they work out for you. As always, if you have any concerns, you should consult with your health practitioner before carrying out any exercises.
And if you’re looking for more information on how to get fit, be sure to check out our blog or visit corefitnewcastle.com.au today!Share